As a reader of our blog, you might already be familiar with the questions used to determine if your organization is in need of Critical Communications solutions:
- Does the document have to be perfect?
- Is it regulated?
- Are you required to track and report on it?
- Does it contain customization or personal information?
Every day, you deal with the pain points related to these questions – the stumbling blocks that keep your business from running as smoothly and efficiently as possible. The latest version of the Critical Communications solutions suite, answers those questions and addresses your pain points with three key new features. Here’s how:
- Do you need to automate the reconciliation process, remove human touchpoints and put your employees’ time to better use? The Automated Verification Feature for RICOH ProcessDirector family of products helps you by bringing the capabilities of our industry-leading ADF technology to a wider audience, automating the potentially time-consuming process of reconciling misprinted or incorrect pieces in your job.
- Want to unleash the full power of barcodes and integrate your cameras, scanners, inserters, printers and other equipment into your workflow? The Advanced Verification Feature also lets you link the camera and barcode reading devices directly to Ricoh ProcessDirector family of products, without the need for third-party software. Advanced Verification Feature also brings the power of ADF technology, traditionally associated with mailing, beyond transactional printers and mailers. With improved hardware integration, you can use barcodes to control everything from booklet makers to cutters.
- Need peace of mind and flexibility when it comes to managing deadlines? Deadline Tracker allows you to do simple, yet powerful actions: say when a job needs to be completed and track its status to that deadline. Oftentimes, how long a job will take is affected by the unique traits of the job – for example preflighting 1000-page job will take longer than preflighting a 10 page job. Deadline Tracker is as dynamic as the jobs you deal with – it automatically adjusts to the job and figures out how long a job will take based on the its attributes. It also predicts when a job is progressing so slowly that is in danger of missing a deadline (after all, it isn’t enough to simply tell you when you’ve already missed a deadline or send a reminder), which is critical when your workflow is based on different conditions.
- Tired of splitting and re-ordering work just to apply media? Too many printers know the pain of running all of their two-sheeters, then three-sheeters, than four-sheeters, just to get a task like stapling right – and only to have to re-order output based on groupings for postal discounts. DocEnhancer Ticketer allows you to visually view and apply media logically – based on rules that you define and the order that makes the most sense for the job.
- Looking to efficiently use media for targeted mailing? The media you use is more than just stapling sheets together – it can also be used as a way to make an impact on the recipient of your communication. DocEnhancer Ticketer also allows you to assign media based not just on the metadata of the file, but also based on the customer data that is housed within a database. For example, a fundraising organization can automatically designate that a higher-quality paper stock be used for previous donors, or a book printer doing a short-run of books for a crowdfunding campaign can automatically designate that special paper be used for the books of those recipients who contributed at the highest tier.
The common thread of all these new features? Using the information contained in files, barcodes, databases, and other places to efficiently control your workflow and ensure your communications are accurate, relevant and on-time. Whether, you’re a book printer, an in-plant printer dealing with employee marketing, or a university alumni relations office, the latest updates to the Critical Communications can help you. Companies like CCS Printing have used Critical Communications to achieve new levels of efficiency. You can read more about the Critical Communications solutions suite here: http://rpp.ricoh-usa.com/discover/critical-communications.
Ricoh will also be discussing the most pressing topics for mailers and showcasing our Critical Communications solutions suite at the National Postal Forum (March 16-19), so stop by our booth to see it action and talk to our experts. Stay tuned to our blog here, @RicohProPrint on Twitter and our Facebook page for the latest.
- Christopher Reid, Director, Software Product Marketing